Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I have been away

I have been away from this writing. And now that I have a few minutes to spend here, I can acknowledge that I have missed this place. And yet, I have had a giddy ride these past few weeks, writing for work. So, I am an non-repentant cheat. Kind of.

Here is my work:

www.HomeEnergyResource.com

On that site, I write words. I am generously described as "The Voice." What a kick. At the moment, I happily work into the wee hours and between meals and sneak away. It all tastes great, the tiredness, the periodic tension. The rush of concerted effort. It tastes the way canned peaches and oatmeal taste on canoe trips - long awaited ambrosia. Eventually I am told, I will feel sand in my teeth. Most people with jobs have days they feel something other than this exhuberant sense of giddy gratitude. Well, maybe. For now... it's just fabulous.

This is an extraordinary opportunity for me. Both because I am supporting my family, and because I am working with and for people I hold in the highest regard. I had forgotten how sweet that can be.

I will probably update this site less often, and differently. But I hope to at least touch down here once each week. Please don't give up on me.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Leave your initials if you'd like, otherwise, you will be anonymous.