Saturday, April 16, 2011

Re Remembering on a rainy day

I wasn't looking for this photograph, but I need it.  The people I work with these days, they remember a bald guy, a sick guy. a guy lacking judgment. That guy lived a long time - 10 years just about. But he was preceded by 35 years of my big brother.

There is no reason to write about him today except as a reminder that we are all brief visitors here. If we were actual guests, I bet we'd get sent home for bad behavior or over-staying our welcome. Or maybe we'd get told we could come back any old time, so long as we brought those wonderful people back with us.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that photo. Tears in my eyes. Warmth in my heart. DMC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Peg. I love the picture of the two of you, and your wise words. So true--we are visitors here. Love you. BW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Leave your initials if you'd like, otherwise, you will be anonymous.