Thursday, July 12, 2012

Didn't Used to be (or...Andre Previn)

But at least I’m not Andre Previn

is what I was thinking last night, grating

cheese for my daughter’s sauce. it was ten

and she was home with wet hair and I was

walking dead tired from the counter to the stove

with a spatula of soft thick clumps

At least I’m not the guy who used to be married

to the woman who used to be Woody Allen’s wife

who was the father of the woman Woody Allen

then married at least I’m not the one who used to be

something to somebody who was something to somebody

  else who was somebody. and then I Wikipedia’d Previn

and then I didn’t feel better anymore at all.



André George Previn, KBE (born Andreas Ludwig Priwin; April 6, 1929[1]) is a German-American pianist, conductor, and composer. He is considered one of the most versatile musicians in the world and is the winner of four Academy Awards for his film work and ten Grammy Awards for his recordings (and one more for his Lifetime Achievement).









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Leave your initials if you'd like, otherwise, you will be anonymous.