Saturday, September 22, 2012

Streetcar III

Now that I am riding my bike to work most days, and happily so, I wanted to reflect on some of the finer Streetcar moments.  Like this one - I first saw the young man in front standing on the corner, from behind.  His costume couldn't zip in the back, was lodged just above his lower back, where his t-shirt bulged out like a mirrored stomach. By chance, the streetcar was nearly empty.  Of the three of us on the car, I was the only one who asked, um, are you off to a performance?


No. Fan expo was the answer.  Psyched but not giddy, they were delighted to demonstrate their super powers and bore no resemblance to the teenage boys inside the stretched spandex.  They readily donned their masks and hammed it up for the camera. Made me wonder how much more we might get done in masks in the course of day.


Or just how fabulous we might be.

Thank goodness for teenage boys who dream big.  (Even if they can't zip the back of their costumes)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Leave your initials if you'd like, otherwise, you will be anonymous.