
Top row from left: Susie Jackson; Sharonda Coleman-Singleton; DePayne Doctor; Ethel Lance; bottom row from left: Tywanza Sanders; Cynthia Hurd; Clementa Pinckney and Daniel Simmons Sr. The ninth victim, not pictured, was Myra Thompson. From the New York Times, Saturday, June 20, 2015
"I just want everybody to know - to you - I forgive you. You took something very precious from me. I will never be able to talk to her, ever, again. I will never be able to hold her again. But I forgive you and have mercy on your soul. You hurt me. You hurt a lot of people. But I forgive you. May God forgive you."
- Nadine Collier, daughter of 70-year-old Ethel Lance
"We welcomed you in our bible study on Wednesday night. You have killed some of the most beautiful people I know. Every fiber in my body hurts and I, I will never to be the same. Tywanza Sanders was my son. But Tywanza was my hero. Tywanza was my hero. But as we said in Bible study we endured you. But may God have mercy on you."
- Felicia Sanders
Thank you for your strength... and I wish I had something to offer in exchange besides sorrow. I am thinking maybe I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Leave your initials if you'd like, otherwise, you will be anonymous.